Specialties: Pregnancy Massage, Kinesiology, Reiki, Remedial Massage
An in-depth understanding of the intricate workings of the body and the link between the physical, mental and emotional aspects of muscular imbalances are the keys to Embody Health owner and director Caroline Oakes’ success as a massage therapist over the past decade-and-a-half.
Initially garnering much of this knowledge through her work with elite Australian hockey players, The Hockeyroos, Caroline is a strong believer in the benefits of massage therapy – from the body’s release, through the power of touch, of the feel-good hormone oxytocin as well as calming endorphins, through to its ability to restore balance to the physical body, and relieve pain and tension.
As a mother-of-two and the sister of a midwife, Caroline understands first-hand the impact being pregnant can have on the body and is passionate about using her massage training to help women deal with the changes taking place during pregnancy.
In 2003, she began exploring Kinesiology – a natural health care system – and Reiki as a way of expanding her knowledge base in order to more effectively help those clients whose mental and emotional challenges were affecting their physical bodies.
By blending the benefits of massage, Reiki and Kinesiology, Caroline’s unique approach takes clients on a journey that can work on all levels – the physical, mental, emotional and energetic – to fast-track results.
A yoga enthusiast, she is passionate about working with women to help them get the best out of themselves – whether it be:
- in preparation for or tackling the challenges of motherhood
- handling the changes pregnancy brings
- balancing professional and personal commitments
- generating the confidence to make life changes
- prioritising themselves amidst the demands of being a wife, partner, & mother
Her work extends to families, with other focus areas encompassing:
- helping children achieve emotional stability
- boosting a child’s learning capabilities
- assisting teenagers to cope with their emotions and hormonal changes
- easing the stresses generated by schooling
- aiding young adults to manage emotional demands
- helping young people gain clarity regarding future study and career paths
Caroline has a Diploma in Remedial Massage, and has been trained in La Stone Therapy (hot & cold stone therapy), Reflexology, myofascial release, cranial sacral balancing, muscle energy techniques, Reiki I and II, and Kinesiology.
She is a member of the Association of Remedial Masseurs and is a Level 1 practitioner with the Australian Kinesiology Association.