60 MINUTES from $100 • 90 MINUTES $150
Mums and dads know how much joy their babies bring, especially when they’re healthy, calm and well rested and when the parent-child bond is strong.
Just like adult massage therapy, infant massage is a powerful tool.
It can help ensure your bub is at their best with research* having shown it can have the following benefits:
- Relax - or stimulate – baby as needed
- Promote deeper sleep
- Reduce fussiness
- Provide comfort & pleasure through touch
- Exercise muscles & develop motor skills, joint flexibility & coordination
- Improve circulation & lymph flow (increasing resistance to disease)
- Help with colic, reflux & teething (by helping develop & regulate the gastro-intestinal tract)
- Improved breathing
- Boost bonding/attachment/closeness with parents
- Boost body awareness & awareness of self as a separate being
- Help build trust, respect & security
- Provide a sense of well-being
It also has many benefits for mum and dad including:
- Relaxation & reduction of anxiety
- Providing a playtime activity
- Teaching nurturing parenting skills
- Boosting nurturing hormones
- Improved sleeping
- Increased confidence with baby
- Listening to & understanding infant needs
At Embody, we offer 3 treatment options for parents and babies (up to 12 months old) on Monday mornings each week between 9am and 1pm.
Option #1 includes:
- 30 minute post-natal / remedial massage for mum or dad
- 30 minute baby massage education session featuring hands-on demonstration
Option #2 includes:
- 60 minute baby massage education session featuring hands-on demonstration for up to 2 parents + 2 babies
- A take home bottle of coconut oil for each baby
Option #3 includes:
- 60 minute post-natal / remedial massage for mum where baby is welcome in the treatment room and you can feed/comfort them as required.
At Embody, we’re passionate about the benefits of post-natal massage and offer this option to allow clients to enjoy these without the need to leave their baby.
Please note, bookings for Baby Massage sessions and Bring Your Baby treatments must be made via phone on (08) 9380 9994.
*Learn more about infant massage research : http://www6.miami.edu/touch-research/InfantMassage.html